It takes a village to raise a child. For many of our families, the Relief Nursery becomes that village. It’s a place that offers safety, nurturing, mentoring, and unconditional support and caring. We are a lifeline and a safe haven, giving parents the tools they need to raise healthy, happy kids.
The Relief Nursery is a therapeutic early childhood program for at-risk children (ages birth to 6 years). The program is voluntary and free. Comprehensive early intervention services include family strengthening and preservation activities, parent education, advocacy, counseling, intensive home visiting, and therapeutic classrooms in Corvallis and Monroe.
Support services offered
- Parenting education, mental health & early literacy support groups for families living in Benton County
- On-site child care for children ages 0-6 during parent support group time
- Support and help with attachment/bonding & post-partum depression
- Individual mental health services tailored to your family’s needs
- Home visits with families to enhance parenting skills
- Therapeutic classroom for children 24-36 months and 3-5 years of age
- Help for families who have had children in foster care or are concerned they might lose their children to foster care
- Family resource closet and resource and referral services
Issues we can help with
- How to provide a safer home for your children
- How to make sure your children are emotionally and physically healthy
- Are your expectations and goals for your children realistic?
- How to balance your needs and those of your children
- How to create a strong bond with your children
- What are fun activities you can do with your children