This program provides resources and intensive in-home support for eligible parents in Benton and Linn Counties.
The mission of the Healthy Families program is to promote and support positive parenting and healthy growth and development for all parents and their newly born children. The program is free and voluntary.
Old Mill Center partners with many other agencies in the delivery of this program. Partners include Samaritan Medical Center Maternity Care units, Benton County and Linn County Health Departments, Kidco Early Head Start, Linn Benton Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education, Old Mill Center Relief Nursery/ Mental Health Services.
The goals of the program are to:
- Improve parenting skills and education
- Increase positive health outcomes for children and families
- Improve school readiness
- Prevent child maltreatment
Risk factors addressed:
- The transition to parenthood
- Social isolation
- Financial stress
- Mental health issues
- Drug and alcohol use
- Domestic violence
- Other stressors
Current services include:
- Welcome baby visits
- Needs assessment
- On-going parent support
- Connections to community resources
- On-going home visits up to three years of age