The Relief Nursery is a therapeutic early childhood program for at-risk children (ages birth to 6 years). Comprehensive early intervention services include family strengthening and preservation activities, parent education, advocacy, counseling, intensive home visiting, and therapeutic classrooms in collaboration with the Corvallis Public Library, Linn-Benton Community College and other early childhood education agencies.
The program is voluntary and free.
Support services offered
- Parenting education, mental health & early literacy support groups for families living in Benton County
- On-site child care for children ages 0-6 during parent support group time
- Support and help with attachment/bonding & post-partum depression
- Individual mental health services tailored to your family’s needs
- Home visits with families to enhance parenting skills
- Therapeutic classroom for children 24-36 months and 3-5 years of age
- Help for families who have had children in foster care or are concerned they might lose their children to foster care
- Family resource closet and resource and referral services
Issues we can help with:
- How to provide a safer home for your children
- How to make sure your children are emotionally and physically healthy
- Are your expectations and goals for your children realistic?
- How to balance your needs and those of your children
- How to create a strong bond with your children
- What are fun activities you can do with your children